What Is A Custom Home Project Manager?
If you are thinking about building a custom home, you probably have a picture of it in your mind along with the perfect floor plan. You want to have a say in all stages of construction to ensure the right result. This is why you need to hire a project manager to oversee the job from start to finish. The experts at Alair Homes Arlington explain what this person does and how they can make your dream come true.
Who It Is
A project manager keeps track of every aspect of a home build. This person will deal with contractors and help you with all the decisions you will make when bringing your dream house to life. Hiring someone to manage the project will enable you to see exactly where and how your money is being used and ensure that everything turns out the way you want it.
What They Do
This person oversees the daily activities of your construction job and acts as your personal point of contact with the contractors, suppliers and others involved with the build. The major responsibilities of this person include the following:
• Coordinating on design for the project and assists where necessary
• Obtaining and managing all the paperwork and permits required for the job
• Collecting the various bids, hiring the contractors, getting sub-contractors when needed and supervising everyone involved
• Ordering and organizing all of the materials and supplies to keep the work running smoothly on the custom home
• Ensuring that the job is being done according to local building codes and each phase of construction passes inspection
• Directing the mortgage process and the inspections for lending
How This Person Helps You
The manager will guide you through each step of construction by taking you on tours of the home site. This person will answer any questions you may have about the building process and will highlight any areas they feel need extra attention from you. Each tour is your opportunity to learn and offer your own ideas about how you want the rest of the job to go.
How You Can Help Your Manager
While the manager deals with the day-to-day construction issues, your project needs to be rock solid before any work begins. Have a firm plan, know exactly what you want and work out all details with a designer before hiring the manager. In addition, have your budget ready and all the financial aspects completed before moving forward. This will make your manager’s job much easier.
Becoming a homeowner is a big step in life, and building your own custom home carries a special sense of accomplishment. Hiring a project manager will keep the construction moving along and get you into your dream home faster.